It is currently Sun 28 May, 2017 14:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Google Earth export problem
PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 13:59 
Registered
Registered

Hi,

I hope this software is still being supported. Only just found it and it seems like it does just about everything I need. The only issue I seem to be having is that if I try to export to Google Earth format I get a "ZipError: no file reference given" error message. This results in the KMZ file displaying with big red "X"s instead of waypoint icons etc.

Is there something missing in the program itself or does it look for the image files in google earth's directory? Do I need to download / fix something?

The header for google earth files says it looks for icons like flag.png and red-cirlce.png but I can't find these anywhere. I have noticed that the .icns files/packages won't open in OS X. I get an error message saying they may be corrupted or in the wrong format. Other .icns packages (like the ones built into google earth) open easily to preview the icons etc in them.

Now I know gpx files files display just fine in google earth but it would be noce for the export to KMZ to work right.

Is this a common problem or specific to my installation?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Google Earth export problem
PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 16:34 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try this one.
Attachment:
TravelRecorder.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 18:06 
Registered
Registered

Brilliant, thanks. That's done it. It seems the "Image" directory was missing in the package. Took a bit of messing about to connect this time. The usbmodem26420 option wasn't there at first, just the ones for Bluetooth connection. All working now.

I can see how easy it would be to change the icons in the KMZ file to custom ones, but is it possible to have Interest points show a different icon to Distance Points? For example, the default is flag.png for the DistanceStamp0 and DistanceStamp1. This is the same icon that shows for Interest Points. I can't see any specific header to change to set this. Are we stuck with the same icons for Distance and Interest points?

Thanks again for the quick response.

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2011 23:09 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ian Wood wrote:
.... is it possible to have Interest points show a different icon to Distance Points?

When we developed MTR, we tried that. It caused the files to be ten times the current size.
And with long trips that caused Google Earth/maps to crash.

Bert Rozenberg

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]