It is currently Mon 23 Oct, 2017 11:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Geotag Tab is "greyed-out"
PostPosted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010 10:34 
Registered
Registered

Hi there.

I was just reading over the topics on this discussion forum last night (very helpful, by the way), but I am having trouble getting the Geotagging Tab to appear (and I see that others have had similar problems, but I think I have tried all the suggestions under their posts, but still "no luck".) I also read the owner's manual PDF, but I haven't found the answer there yet, either.

First of all, I should mention that I'm using an ancient Mac (which, admittedly could account for some of my problems): an 800MHz iBook G4 with Mac OSX 10.4.11.

I installed the USB bridge driver and it works great!

I installed and tested Mac Travel Recorder on my iBook, and all GPS configuration and download options work great! (....Just like the "GPS Datalog" program for Windows that came with the iBlue 757Pro that I am connecting.)

[BTW - I LOVE the fact that your program splits the data log into individual files if there is an extended block of time (for instance, "a day") since the last waypoint! I don't think the manufacturer's utility does this (and if it did, the documentation is so poor, I'd probably never know it!) Your owner's manual for Mac Travel Recorder, in contrast is very thorough and easy to understand, and very "well-worded".] :wink:

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the Mac OS X Package of ExifTool-8.41.dmg, which installed successfully....but the Geotag Tab in Mac Travel Recorder still seems to be greyed-out.

Any idea what I'm missing? Is it an OS problem? (....since I'm still on "Tiger"....) If so, any workarounds you might suggest?

So far, I love your program....(great interface!)....but I would like to know that the Geotag option functions before I decide to buy it.

Thanks for any help, and for letting me demo your program.

BTW - Are you located anywhere near the small towns of Soest or Baarn? I was in The Netherlands in the summer of '86 through an international youth (I was 16 y.o. at the time) exchange program called Operation Friendship and stayed with a family in Baarn. Other participating families were located in Soest. Had a GREAT time. Would love to go back some day.

Take it easy!

Tim

Post subject: Re: Geotag Tab is "greyed-out"
PostPosted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010 11:43 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tim McQuaide wrote:
So far, I love your program....(great interface!)....but I would like to know that the Geotag option functions before I decide to buy it.

In that case you're out of luck :-)
The GeoTag functions are only available in the registered version.

Quote:
BTW - Are you located anywhere near the small towns of Soest or Baarn? I was in The Netherlands in the summer of '86 through an international youth (I was 16 y.o. at the time) exchange program called Operation Friendship and stayed with a family in Baarn. Other participating families were located in Soest. Had a GREAT time. Would love to go back some day.

'Near' has a different meaning in the US than in The Netherlands :-)
We're located in Spijkenisse. That's near Rotterdam and about 100 Kilometer from Soest. For us that's far away.
(Anything that's more then a hour drive, is far away)

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010 23:38 
Registered
Registered

Ah, OK....I know where Rotterdam is. A good drive, but not too far away. :D

Ah, that explains it..... I had assumed that it was a technical issue. Never occurred to me that it was disabled until I registered. :oops: If that's all there is to it, then I'll buy it. Excellent piece of software! Thank you very much for your help! 8)[quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 00:43 
Registered
Registered

Hm-m-m-m....I registered my Mac Travel Recorder successfully, but still no Geotag Tab.... Any ideas? :?

Thanks again for your help. 8)

Tim

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 04:57 
Registered
Registered

It occurred to me that I read somewhere elsewhere in the Mac Travel Recorder forum that the Geotag function relies on Quicktime's functions. :idea:

I wonder if the version of Quicktime in MacOSX 10.4.11 somehow doesn't have the support needed to enable this? Maybe I can update my Quicktime (without having to install a newer OS)? (Maybe I don't even have the latest version of Quicktime available for Tiger installed?) I'll check my "Software Update"....

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 05:35 
Registered
Registered

Aha! THAT WAS the problem! There WAS a newer version of Quicktime available in Software Update for Mac OS X 10.4.11!

I previously had Quicktime 7.6.2 installed. Once Software Update finished installing version 7.6.4, and my computer restarted, the problem was MAGICALLY FIXED!!! :D (Geotag Tab is no longer greyed-out".)

Very glad it's working! :D

Thank you again for your support, and for putting together a great program! 8)

Tim

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]