It is currently Tue 26 Sep, 2017 16:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Southern Hemisphere GeoTag problem
PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:50 
Registered
Registered

G'day & Thanks for a great application. :)
Having troubles geotagging photos in Australia. I have set my Camera to UTC time to eliminate time setting issues.

When I analyze photos the Map Prievew has the correct location eg 145.240661 degE 37.811392 degS but once I geotag the image the map preview is then shown in the wrong location at 37.811392 NORTH , somewhere off the coast of Japan in the middle of the sea. ( the longitude is correct) I think the location needs to be written to file with -37.811392. I checked the image in photoshop & the file info does say 37.811392 degS . Has anybody else had this problem and how do I fix it. I am going on a 3 month road trip soon & prefer to take my macbook, If I cant fix this I have to install windows just to geotag photos :(

thanks ..Don

Post subject: Re: Southern Hemisphere GeoTag problem
PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:37 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Incoll wrote:
G'day & Thanks for a great application. :)
Having troubles geotagging photos in Australia.

I remember simular problems in England, but those have been fixed.
I'm currently on a road trip myself which means I can't look at the code right now.
In july I'll be at the office again.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:02 
Registered
Registered

Thanks, our trip starts in the last week of July so hopefully the problem wont be too difficult.
regards ..Don

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:19 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Incoll wrote:
Thanks, our trip starts in the last week of July

Be assured I'll do my outmost to get you a working version before that, even if it contains a temporary fix. I'm not going to spoil your trip.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun, 2010 15:21 
Registered
Registered

Thanks, I did some more experimenting, Once geotagged the Image displays in the Japan Sea but only in the MacTravel Recorder Map View pane,

If I upload that same geotagged image to Picasa or Panoramio the Map location is correct. So the image information is correct.

I can live with that and thank you for your fast response & posetive replies to my problem.

..Don

PostPosted: Sat 03 Jul, 2010 09:53 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Incoll wrote:
I can live with that and thank you for your fast response & posetive replies to my problem.

With great help from Don we've been able to find and fix the problem.
So MTR also works fine now 'down under'. Update available today.

Thanks for your help Don!

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 07:17 
Registered
Registered

I am having a similar problem with the map preview for a test image I geotagged, taken in Los Angeles, where I live.

The coordinates listed under GPS info when I control-clicked the name of the file I geotagged look correct (34.00864 N, 118.39051W), however, when I select the option to view it on the map preview, it shows up somewhere on the east side of China. :?

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 09:03 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tim McQuaide wrote:
The coordinates listed under GPS info when I control-clicked the name of the file I geotagged look correct (34.00864 N, 118.39051W), however, when I select the option to view it on the map preview, it shows up somewhere on the east side of China. :?

Please send me "Mac TravelRecorder.db" and I'll fix it.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 10:19 
Registered
Registered

Here it is....(see attached "zipped" file below). I had to re-geotag, since, (like a "dummy"), I deleted my original test image and the Mac TravelRecorder.db file so I would have a "fresh" (without useless temporary trial data) Mac TravelRecorder Application to work with (I'm compulsive like that....), now that my evaluation of the program is done.

The results of the geotagging are the same with the new image....shows up on the map preview somewhere in eastern China, (instead of Culver City, CA, USA, where I shot the picture, but the coordinates that are listed when I option-click the filename for "GPS info" look correct).

(I realize that I shot the image with an iPhone (which geotags the image, as well), but I verified that I was able to successfully "Analyze Tagged" and re-tag the image using the downloaded waypoints from my 757. Don't know how much info is actually in the db file, or if it is even important for you to know that.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 11:12 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tim McQuaide wrote:
Here it is....(see attached "zipped" file below)

oops, I need the picture(s) too.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 12:16 
Registered
Registered

Sorry.... :oops: (find attached "zipped" folder.)

Note: the "original..." image (which MTR backed-up, and I included in the folder, in case you need it) was shot with an iPhone 2G (No built-in GPS), so the coordinates that the iPhone tagged (based on cell-tower locations) to the original file will not be a terribly accurate comparison with those of the other file, (which I "geotagged with MTR"), in case you should decide to compare them, (but you probably know all about this already.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue 07 Dec, 2010 21:39 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tim McQuaide wrote:
Sorry.... :oops: (find attached "zipped" folder.)

Here you go.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010 03:08 
Registered
Registered

Yes! Problem fixed! Thank you very much!!! :D

Strange, but the first time I tried the replacement app you posted, I got the same result (China). Then I threw away the app again and re-unzipped it, and now it works perfectly.

(All I can figure, is that I must have somehow put the original app [not the replacement] back in the Mac TravelRecorder folder the first time, by accident, although I was very careful....I thought....NOT to do this. Could also be that I forgot what I was doing, and may have accidentally launched the app from the application dock, [instead of clicking directly on the new app icon I placed in my Apps folder], but in reality, maybe the icon I was clicking on in the dock was still linked to the old app in the trash....[although I thought you couldn't launch apps from the trash.] Just to be safe, I deleted the old app icon from the dock and replaced it and....well....anyway, it now works!)

Thanks again for your help! You rock! 8)

Tim

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]