It is currently Thu 27 Jul, 2017 18:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Qstarz BT-Q1200 vs. MacTravelRecorder
PostPosted: Sun 14 Dec, 2008 17:36 
Registered
Registered

Hi,

I'm a registered user of MacTravelRecorder (V 2.5.0.7 - build date: 2008-11-11) and I would like to say "Thanks" to the programmers. Download and changing settings of the BT-Q1200 is possible and much more convenient than starting a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Anyhow, there are two issues I'm struggling with at the moment:
1) The usage of memory is shown wrong ("Memory used: 200%", detected firmware: M-core 2.0.33536)
2) It takes more than 1 hour (!) to download the recorded values. (w/o parsing the values)

For the last point I compared MacTravelRecorder with GPSBabel on the command line:
MTR : 1h 18min
GPSBabel: 37 min

Right after the download I got a Database Error: "database disk is malformed". Only solution for me was to delete the database file and redo the download.

Are there any (future) plans to speed up the download and correct the memory usage?

Regards,
Andy.

Post subject: Re: Qstarz BT-Q1200 vs. MacTravelRecorder
PostPosted: Sun 14 Dec, 2008 20:48 
Site Admin
Site Admin

andyp wrote:
1) The usage of memory is shown wrong ("Memory used: 200%", detected firmware: M-core 2.0.33536)

So far we haven't found a way to determine the internal memory. MTR uses a fixed memory size of 64 K. I will look at it again.

Quote:
2) It takes more than 1 hour (!) to download the recorded values. (w/o parsing the values)

There isn't much we can do. The best way is to clear the memory just after you've read it. All data is written to the internal database of MTR, so nothing will be lost.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jan, 2009 01:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

andyp wrote:
The usage of memory is shown wrong ("Memory used: 200%", detected firmware: M-core 2.0.33536)

I've created a solution (workaround).
New version available online.

After you've started Mac Travel Recorder keep the Control, Option, and Alt key pressed in click in the main screen.
This will bring up the hidden preference screen. Here you can select the memory size of your data logger.
Leave the other options alone unless you know what you're doing.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:53 
Registered
Registered

admin wrote:
andyp wrote:
The usage of memory is shown wrong ("Memory used: 200%", detected firmware: M-core 2.0.33536)

I've created a solution (workaround).
New version available online.

After you've started Mac Travel Recorder keep the Control, Option, and Alt key pressed in click in the main screen.
This will bring up the hidden preference screen. Here you can select the memory size of your data logger.
Leave the other options alone unless you know what you're doing.

Hi Bert,

the workaround (why not in 'Preferences' ?) looks promising, but now I have to get the GPS filled with data again ... I looked into the manual to see for the other configuration points but couldn't find them. Are you going to update the manual as well please?
For me it would be interesting to have <ele> - tags inside the GPX file iso <geoidheight> to make use of fullscreen geotag programs. (Right now I use the UNIX 'sed' to replace one with another, even when the height is not 100% correct afterwards ...)

Furthermore I noticed the slow speed on my initial post. In one of the other posts there was a complain about the CPU workload. Unfortunately I have to confirm this; after a short time the fans rotating at maximum speed on a MBP. (No other programs were running, no internet connection.)

Any news on that?

Regards,
Andy.

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jan, 2009 15:27 
Site Admin
Site Admin

andyp wrote:
the workaround (why not in 'Preferences' ?) looks promising, but now I have to get the GPS filled with data again

Those settings in the hidden screen can do more harm then good when used wrong. That's why they are hidden.

Quote:
... I looked into the manual to see for the other configuration points but couldn't find them. Are you going to update the manual as well please?

The hidden options are documented in the hidden part of the manual :-)

Quote:
For me it would be interesting to have <ele> - tags inside the GPX file iso <geoidheight> to make use of fullscreen geotag programs.

<geoidheight> is already part of the GPX file.

Quote:
Furthermore I noticed the slow speed on my initial post.
Any news on that?

It's the nature of the program and will not change.

Bert Rozenberg

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]