It is currently Tue 25 Jul, 2017 10:51

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: iPhoto integration
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2008 22:11 
Registered
Registered

Hello together,

together I am really happy to have found this nice piece of software. It offers nearly everything needed to be lucky with an i-Blue 747 on a MacBook.

However, I have kept all my photos in iPhoto (plus Gimp). Thus, editing the GPS meta tags in the iPhoto library is needed.

Is there any chance to have this functionality integrated in Mac TravelRecorder???

The only work around I can think of, is to edit the photos already in the camera. However, this device or its SD card is not shown in den finder...

...and I wouldn't like to export / transfer the photos to the desktop first.

Thanks for your answer in advance!

Regards, Steffen

Post subject: Re: iPhoto integration
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2008 22:21 
Site Admin
Site Admin

steffen_s wrote:
However, I have kept all my photos in iPhoto (plus Gimp). Thus, editing the GPS meta tags in the iPhoto library is needed.

The GPS tags are not in the iPhoto library but in the photo's themselves (as exif-information). All you have to do is to tell Mac Travel Recorder where those photo's are on your hard drive and have the travel log loaded. After selecting the right Time Zone settings (which can be tricky some times), Mac Travel Recorder will allow you to write the gps data to the photo. This information will show up in any other program that supports photo's with gps information.

Bert Rozenberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2008 22:36 
Registered
Registered

Okay, you are right. I didn't mean to ask iPhoto for editing the GPS position, certainly.

But once I have imported the photos into iPhoto, I can open them into Mac TravelRecorder anymore. The 'finder' of MRT stops at the library and doesn't resolve the library or its files containing.

This is different in GPSPhotolinker. Here, the Photos in iPhoto can be changed. There are only two other problems with this software. First, the GPS positions cannot be read from i-Blue 747 and second, the functionality misses the possibility to change the settings in/of the GPS logger itself.

PS: Still the problem remains, that iPhoto doesn't recognize that the GPS positions have been edited. Somehow it would be nice to re-read the EXIF data again (once more after the import).

Regards, Steffen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2008 22:49 
Site Admin
Site Admin

steffen_s wrote:
But once I have imported the photos into iPhoto, I can open them into Mac TravelRecorder anymore.

Just Geotag your photo's before importing them into iPhoto.

Quote:
The 'finder' of MRT stops at the library and doesn't resolve the library or its files containing.

There's a generic trick for that. Browse to your iPhoto library using the Finder. Control click the library and select "show content" (or something like that). Now locate the directory of your photo's.
Next activate the directory browser of Mac Travel Recorder. Now drag the directory containing your photo's from the finder to the directory browser of Mac Travel Recorder. That's all.

But, the best way is still to geotag your photo's before you import them into iPhoto.

Bert Rozenberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 16 Nov, 2008 23:16 
Registered
Registered

Okay, I give it a try and ask the Canon Utility to save it in a folder first and then to start MTR. After geo coding I will drag'n'drop it in iPhoto.

Not the best solution, but it will work, hopefully.

CU, Steffen

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]