It is currently Sun 17 Dec, 2017 04:26

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Registered But No Geotag Capability
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 00:10 
Registered
Registered

I am trying to geotag photos taken with the BT-1000 on my Mac. The data log file downloads to the software OK, and I can import that photos I want to tag. However, the GeoTag buttons remain stubbornly dim. The manual suggests that this because it's not registered. It is. I have the exiftool installed correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Post subject: Re: Registered But No Geotag Capability
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:44 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tresy wrote:
However, the GeoTag buttons remain stubbornly dim. The manual suggests that this because it's not registered. It is. I have the exiftool installed correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you're using the latest version?
There has been a version which had some of the problems you describe, but those have been fixed.

Bert Rozenberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 21:46 
Registered
Registered

Thanks for your reply. I'm using 2.4.0.10, downloaded a week ago, build date 8/30. Surely there isn't a more recent version than this?

BTW, I emailed their support yesterday; no reply yet. I'll be demanding a refund if they blow me off much longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 22:04 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tresy wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I'm using 2.4.0.10, downloaded a week ago, build date 8/30. Surely there isn't a more recent version than this?

We frequently update our programs. For example: Mac Travel Recorder has been updated twice in the last week.
Only when there are big changes, we'll announce a major update.
So, if you encounter problems, it's always a good idea to download the latest version.

Quote:
BTW, I emailed their support yesterday; no reply yet.

The best place to get support is this forum.

Quote:
I'll be demanding a refund if they blow me off much longer.

There are several ways to get the support you need, but I don't think that is one of them.
As an old proverb says: “You’ll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.”

Bert Rozenberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 22:20 
Registered
Registered

I just did download (what I hope is) the latest version (2.5.0.5). It works even worse than the last version. Now I get unhandled error exceptions, unable to open serial port errors, a complete inability to connect to my unit, hanging on quit, still no enabled Preferences, and needless to say, no Geotagging capability. The tab isn't even enabled, despite having it registered and the exiftool installed. I have deleted and reinstalled the current version several times. I have rebooted my Mac several times. It just gets worse and worse.

I am rapidly running out of patience with this product. If you have any ideas, please, I'm all ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 22:57 
Registered
Registered

OK, I finally got the product to launch and connect after uninstalling and reinstalling the USB to Serial driver. I still get hangs on quit, but at least it connects to my recorder. Still no change in behavior however--the geotag buttons remain dim.

Question: I'm in Pacific Time Zone, which is GMT+8, correct? So my most recent image, taken a few moments ago, says 1:40 PM and the camera time in the product is GMT+8. The logger is putting out data that says the time of the logging is 8:40PM, which I assume per your manual, is UTC. That sounds like a 7 hour time difference to me. Is it possible this is why there is no GeoTag button enabled, because there is no data that matches with the timestamp on the image?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]