All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems with "RCR" and html-GoogleEarth
PostPosted: Sun 08 Jun, 2008 23:52 
Registered
Registered

Hi folks,
thanks for bringing up this nice app.
Since I have some minor problems with that free Java Programm (espacially because it won't run stable with me), I consider to become a registered user of your app.

But yet, I have some minor problems with your soft, too...
(I run your app on a MacBookPro with OSX10.5.3 and have an iBlue747 (newest version))

Hope you can help me with this:

1) As shown in your manual, page 2, I tried to check all the boxes shown there. But the field "Log every 1 second(s)" will turn back uncheck after I click the "set" button

2) "LogFormat": I checked the "RCR"-box and clicked "Set" and logged some dummy-data. But unfortunatly, RCR-data won't appear in the Data-Log-List (it only shows "??")... (I'm sorry to tell, that using that java-app subsequent, I was able to export that RCR-data... so it has really been logged) Trying again with your app, it still wasn't recognised. I need that RCR to identiy "points of interest", which I usually mark during logging... I was able to export the data, but no "points of interest" have been exported... (contrary to java...) ;(

3) In your manual, page 7, the logged track is shown in google-earth using a webpage. Please tell me what button I have to click in order to get this html-file. If I click the "Google Earth" button, a kmz-File is generated... but no html...

thx in advance....
produnis

Post subject: Re: Problems with "RCR" and html-GoogleEarth
PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun, 2008 07:38 
Site Admin
Site Admin

produnis wrote:
1) As shown in your manual, page 2, I tried to check all the boxes shown there. But the field "Log every 1 second(s)" will turn back uncheck after I click the "set" button

It works for me. You might want to try 2 seconds.

Quote:
2) "LogFormat": I checked the "RCR"-box and clicked "Set" and logged some dummy-data. But unfortunatly, RCR-data won't appear in the Data-Log-List (it only shows "??")...

Again, It works for me. Did you connect using USB?

Quote:
3) In your manual, page 7, the logged track is shown in google-earth using a webpage.

Google Earth is an application If you select the Google Earth option, you'll get what you've asked for: A file for Google Earth.
If you want to display things as a web page, you might want to consider the Google Maps option.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun, 2008 09:40 
Registered
Registered

thx for your fast reply...

admin wrote:
produnis wrote:
the field "Log every 1 second(s)" will turn back uncheck after I click the "set" button

It works for me. You might want to try 2 seconds.

still turns back....

admin wrote:
Did you connect using USB?

Yes...

admin wrote:
If you want to display things as a web page, you might want to consider the Google Maps option.

Well, I know, but I'd like to view my track in Google-Earth without having to start the GoogleEarth-App itself. I am used to this due to my time with java...

Again, these a my MINOR problems....
The big advantage of your app is, that it really runs using Bluetooth...
I like that because i don't have to connect USB for just getting my data.

(And again, I connected to USB to make configuration settings (see above))

greetings,
produnis

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun, 2008 16:11 
Site Admin
Site Admin

produnis wrote:
admin wrote:

Well, I know, but I'd like to view my track in Google-Earth without having to start the GoogleEarth-App itself. I am used to this due to my time with java...

It's impossible to view a document in Word, without starting Word. Its impossible to view a document in PhotoShop without starting PhotoShop. And it's impossible to show a track in Google Earth, without starting Google Earth.
If you're viewing a track in your browser, you're probably looking at Google Maps, as I mentioned earlyer.

Bert Rozenberg

PostPosted: Wed 25 Jun, 2008 00:10 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been able to find a problem with the RCR data when the data logger is set a certain way. The problem has been corrected.

Also added an option to switch from Map view to Satellite view when looking at a waypoint.

Bert Rozenberg

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]